Below you will find the specifics on our processing activities.
In which case do we process personal data?
We process personal data provided by you in the following cases:
- You subscribed to our newsletter on the website.
- You bought a product or service from us, either via email or via the website.
- You are visiting or hosting one of our event(s).
- You wrote to us, either via email or via a form on the website.
- You are a business contact of us.
For the processing of personal data by cookies and other techniques we refer to our cookie statement.
Purposes and legal grounds
We are processing personal data to:
- communicate with you, after you have provided us with your consent or in order to execute a contract with you;
- provide access to or deliver (online) services and products to you in order to execute a contract with you;
- execute payments and collections;
- provide you with marketing communication about similar products or services you have already bought or have shown an interest in, on the basis of our legitimate interest, with the specific legitimate interest being marketing our products and services to customers and followers; and
- buy products and services, on the basis of executing or preparing a contract with you.
We will not retain your personal data longer than necessary for the purposes above unless its retention for longer is necessary (i) to comply with a statutory retention requirement or (ii) in connection with actual or potential legal proceedings.
Personal data we process for providing you our newsletter we will retain until you request us (by opting out) to stop sending the newsletter. The personal data in your account to enter our platform will be retained for as long as your account is active. When you deactivate your account, or when you have not logged in for more than one year, we will delete your account and your personal data in it, unless there is a legal obligation to retain that personal data. All personal data included in tax administrations are retained for 7 years.
Do we transfer your personal data?
We only transfer personal data to processors, which are parties that process personal data on behalf of Max Strom. We do not share or sell any personal data with third parties (except processors), unless we have your consent or if it is necessary to execute an agreement with you.
The categories of processors we work with are:
- hosting provider
- online developer
- email marketing provider
Your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
Right of access
You are entitled to access your personal data. You can approach Max Strom at reasonable intervals for a summary of personal data which Max Strom processes on your behalf and you may correct this data.
Right to rectification and supplementation
You are entitled to have incorrect personal data changed or supplemented so Max Strom processes only up-to-date and accurate personal data.
Right to restrict processing
In certain situations, you are entitled to have the use of your personal data restricted. You have this right only in the event that one of the following situations arises:
- The personal data may be incorrect. In that case the processing must be put on hold until the correct data has been established;
- The processing is unlawful and you do not want the personal data to be removed;
- The personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected but you still need the data;
- You object to the processing of personal data. In that case the processing must be put on hold until the objection has been resolved.
Right to object
In relation to data processing which is based on a legitimate interest of Max Strom, you have the right of objection. Max Strom will immediately cease processing the personal data unless compelling legitimate grounds are provided for processing that outweigh the interests, rights and freedoms of you (or another person) or that relate to the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim. If you make an objection, Max Strom will weigh the individual interests put forward by you against the interests of Max Strom.
Right to be forgotten
In a number of cases, you are entitled to have your data deleted. This right applies only in the following cases:
- The personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was processed;
- The processing of personal data is based on consent and that consent has been withdrawn;
- You have correctly invoked the right of objection;
- The personal data was unlawfully processed;
- The retention periods have elapsed;
- You are under 16 years old.
There are a number of exceptions whereby the right to be forgotten does not apply. The relevant exceptions are as follows:
- There is a legal obligation to process the personal data;
- The data is necessary for a legal action.
Right of data portability.
So far as Max Strom processes personal data based on consent or in order to implement an agreement with you, you are entitled to receive this personal data in a structured, conventional and machine-readable format and/or have it provided to a third party.
If you have any questions, remarks or complaints about this protocol and/or the processing of personal data by Max Strom, you can get in touch with [email protected]
Changes to this privacy statement
Max Strom reserves the right to amend this privacy statement. Therefore, we recommend checking this privacy statement on a regular basis.