21 Feb 200-hour Inner Axis Teacher Training
Find more information about the content of the training on the Inner Axis Teacher Training webpage.
For this training we will be using a hybrid format of in-person and online learning. These methods have proven to be complementary when used to their advantage.
What you’ll get:
- Access to the recordings of all lectures, practices and Q&A’s until 6 months after completion of the training. An amazing resource to revisit as often as you like and allowing you to take in the knowledge again at your leisure.
- Access to Jamie Elmer’s online platform with an extensive library of practices and detailed tutorials on postures.
- No costs for travel and accommodation for the first 2 weeks and joining the training from the comfort of your own home.
If you’re in a leadership position, or have the aim to become a teacher or expand your teaching, or simply have the desire to enrich your knowledge and personal practice of Max’s Inner Axis System, you will find this training inspiring, immediately useful and indispensable to your journey.
For 28 days you will be immersed in all the aspects that make up the Inner Axis System. Highly experienced and esteemed anatomy teacher Jamie Elmer will take you on a 7-day journey through muscles and tissues so you will know exactly how to practice safely and effectively and teach others how to do so. Jamie Elmer is a long time colleague of Max and part of the advanced teacher training teaching staff. We are delighted to have her co-teach the anatomy part of this training. To get the most out of this training there’s some required reading and you will be asked to complete short writing assignments.
What will you learn?
- Breathing techniques; the why, what, how and when
- Breath-initiated movement; the prime mover
- Alleviating stress, anxiety, and depression
- Yoga postures; alignment, strength, and stretching
- Clear and safe verbal cues
- Adjustments, techniques and common issues
- Hands-on and hands-off assists
- Understanding Sequencing
- Working with extremes: beginners, elders, and the hyper flexible
- Emotional healing
- History of Yoga
- Philosophy of living
- Ethics and why they matter
- Meditation and focus techniques
- Enhancing your communication skills and building confidence
- Skills for effective universal teaching and leadership
- Applied Anatomy for Yoga, taught by Jamie Elmer
- Safety in the classroom, taught by Jamie Elmer
The teacher training will take place in two segments of 14 days of training and a day off in the middle.
7 October - 13 October // 16 October - 22 October (days off on 14 and 15 October)
This part will be online via live stream and classes will be at:
Central European Time (Amsterdam) 1:30 - 9:30pm (incl 1.5-hour break)
Eastern Standard Time (New York) 7:30am - 3:30pm (incl 1.5-hour break)
13 November - 27 November (day off on 20 November)
This part will take place in person in Utrecht, the Netherlands:
Class will start at 9am and end at 5pm (incl 1.5-hour break)
We will practice together every day and our daily schedule is comprised of sections on anatomy, techniques, teaching methodology, yoga philosophy, practice lab, sharing and Q&A.
- Students wishing to enrol must have a passionate interest in Max Strom’s method of personal transformation.
- You must have a minimum of two years practicing Hatha Yoga and basic knowledge of common postures. Please contact Yoga Moves for more information if you are in doubt of meeting the criteria.
- You must have practiced with Max before in a workshop, retreat, OR practice with his Inner Axis 30 sequence daily, for one month prior to the commencement of the training.
- You must have read both books by Max Strom (A Life Worth Breathing and There is No App for Happiness) before the training starts.
Teacher Training Enrollment Fee
Enrollment is limited and by permission only.
€3,600 (incl. 21% VAT)
Your tuition fee covers the teacher training handbook, all course handouts, and all guest teacher fees. Class passes for yoga classes at the studio will be discounted to trainees at the rate of 10%. Fee does not include travel, meals, or accommodation.
More information and registration
Yoga Moves Utrecht will be our host for this teacher training. Apply for Max's 200-hour Inner Axis Teacher Training by sending an email to [email protected]
LocationUtrecht (NL) - Yoga Moves, Croeselaan 209, Utrecht, the Netherlands
Could not find route!
Weather data is currently not available for this location
Wind stec_replace_current_wind stec_replace_current_wind_units stec_replace_current_wind_direction
Humidity stec_replace_current_humidity %
Feels like stec_replace_current_feels_like °stec_replace_current_temp_units
stec_replace_min / stec_replace_max °stec_replace_temp_units
Next 24 Hours
Powered by Forecast.io