31 Mar Cueing and Connecting with Your Students Part II
Known as an exceptional communicator, Max Strom shares indispensable tools and insights to help you become a better teacher both in-person and online by improving your ability to communicate. This is unique opportunity to learn from his 26 years of experience and innovation in teaching Inner Axis, yoga, and breath work.
This 3-hour workshop offers several techniques for refining and empowering your ability to communicate what you want to say in the tone you want to say it with. You will not find a workshop for teachers like this anywhere else. The workshop will re-inspire and reignite your own practice and bring new confidence and passion to your teaching.
Note: this is part II of the Teacher Training workshop on cueing. Part I was hosted on 27 March 2021. It is not necessary to have taken part I in order to partake in part II.
Breakdown of content:
- Overcoming self-doubt as a teacher
- Writing exercise to improve your communication skills with family as well as students
- Phrasing, impact words, and empowerment in our speech.
- Understand how we listen and how we do not listen.
- The power of vulnerability and the weakness of vanity.
- Learn to connect with your students, and to connect your community together.
- What to do when a student becomes very emotional.
- How to communicate about anxiety and panic attacks.
- How to use teaching stories.
This workshop is for yoga teachers and movement teachers (e.g. pilates). The hours can be used for Continued Education with Yoga Alliance.
Suggested props: a yoga mat, a yoga block, two blankets and something to sit on (a chair is fine). Also have writing materials.
The recording of this workshop is available until 3 months after the workshop.
Teacher Training series
This 3-hour workshop is part of a Teacher Training series, consisting of four trainings on two Sundays in April. The series is designed for yoga teachers and therapists to gain insights and tools to share with their students and clients, but anyone interested in the topic of this workshop can join. Workshops in the Teacher Training series:
- Finding Balance in an Imbalanced World (18 April, 2-hour workshop)
- Cueing and Connecting with Your Students Part II (18 April, 3-hour workshop)
- The Secret of Using Movement to Find Stillness (25 April, 2-hour workshop)
- The Stories of Your Life (25 April, 2-hour workshop)
- Date: Sunday 18 April
- Time: 7:30 - 10:30am (New York, EDT) // 1:30 - 4:30pm (Amsterdam, CEST) // 3:30 - 6:30pm (Dubai, UAE)
- Location: Live Stream
- Recording is available until 3 months after the workshop
- Price depends on the number of workshops of the Teacher Training series you sign up for:
- 1 workshop: $40 USD
- 2 workshops on the same day: $75 USD
- Complete Teacher Training series, with 4 workshops on both days: $135 USD
- Sign up for:
LocationOnline event, Live stream
Could not find route!
Weather data is currently not available for this location
Wind stec_replace_current_wind stec_replace_current_wind_units stec_replace_current_wind_direction
Humidity stec_replace_current_humidity %
Feels like stec_replace_current_feels_like °stec_replace_current_temp_units
Next 24 Hours
Powered by openweathermap.org